Pool and Tennis Club
Sometimes known as the "park," the recreation area near Northern Blvd. on the east side of Sussex Rd., just south of No. 11, contains a 72-foot-long, heated swimming pool, two tennis courts, and a small children's playground. The pool and tennis courts are open only to members of the Pool & Tennis Club and their paid guests, as defined under the Club rules below.
During most of the year the playground is open to all families in the Gardens. On weekends and holidays during the pool season, however, the playground is open only to Club members and their paid guests because of physical difficulties in controlling pool access otherwise.
To reach the pool or tennis courts by phone (in season), call 482-9660. Pool personnel for the 2013 season will be announced later. The Board member in charge of the pool is Steve Perlman. In charge of the tennis courts is Jonathan Kanders . To download an application for the 2014 pool season, click here.
2014 POOL RULES
1. CAPACITY OF POOL: 105. Admission may be denied if the pool approaches capacity.
2. DATES OF OPERATION: Summer Season: June 20 – Sept. 1. Post-Season (conditions permitting): Sept. 2–7; Pre-Season: As Announced.
3. HOURS: Summer Season: 10:00 am – 11:00 am: lap swimming only; 11:00 am - 7:30 pm: general swim. Closing at 7:15 pm if no bathers present. Post-Season: Sept. 2 - 5: 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm; Sept. 6 - 7: 10:00 am – 7:30 pm.
4. HYGIENE: All persons must shower in the clubhouse prior to entering the pool. Children in diapers must wear fitted plastic pants over their diapers or use special water-wear. Persons with open sores or other unhygienic conditions may be forbidden to enter the pool by an Authorized Person.
5. EATING/DRINKING: No food or drink may be taken into the pool. Food and drink may be consumed in the lawn/deck and dining areas, provided that cleanliness is maintained.
6. LIFEGUARDS: Lifeguards may not act as babysitters, nor engage in lengthy conversations while on duty.
7. CHILDREN: No child age 12 or under may enter the pool area unless supervised by an adult. No child under age 18 may enter the deep portion of the pool unless adequate swimming skills have been demonstrated to a lifeguard.
2014 TENNIS RULES
1. PERMITTED PLAYERS: Tennis courts may only be used by members and guests who complete the reservation sheet.
2. SWEEPING COURTS: Courts must be swept upon conclusion of each session.
3. RESERVATION SHEET: The name of any member or guest who intends to play must be entered on the reservation sheet for that day only, starting at 8:45 am. A reserved court will be released if the party fails to appear on time.
4. DATES/HOURS OF OPERATION: May – November, 9 am - dusk
5. TIME PER SESSION: Singles: 60 Minutes Doubles: 90 Minutes
6. LIMIT OF PLAY: Persons who have used the courts for two sessions on a given day may play for additional time only if a court is vacant, but must yield the court to any other member who wishes to play at that time.
7. BACK-TO-BACK SESSIONS: Back-to-back sessions may not be reserved, unless the first session has been completed and a court is then available for a second session.
8. ATTIRE/FOOTWARE: Shirts must be worn at all times. All players must use smooth, solid tennis shoes. Basketball shoes and ribbed shoes are prohibited.
9. CONDUCT: Only players are permitted on the tennis courts. Children under 12 may not enter the tennis area unless they are playing or are accompanied by an adult. Spectators must sit quietly on the benches.
10. EATING/DRINKING: Consumption of small drinks and snacks is permitted on the benches.
The Club offers opportunities for employment in the following positions: Director, Assistant Director, Gatekeeper, and Lifeguard. To apply for employment, contact us at email@example.com.